> If you used the --dry-run option with both patches, then nothing got
> patched at all - only tests have been performed, and you still have the
> plain vanilla kernel and the 2.6.0 modules folder. You might also see
> that from the Makefile in the upper kernel source directory. I bet, at
> the top it reads:
>       VERSION = 2
>       PATCHLEVEL = 6
>       SUBLEVEL = 0
>       EXTRAVERSION =
> After a successfully performed bk3 patch, the fourth line should read
> something like:
>       EXTRAVERSION = bk3
>
> So please, no dry-run after its test has shown that the patching would
> be ok.

You are absolutely right. However, there is a small problem with the modules
and kernel 2.6.0-bk3. The new kernel can not load any module because the
modules are installed in /lib/module/2.6.0 and the kernel is 2.6.0-bk3.
Is there any way to fix this. If after I patch the kernel I change the
EXTRAVERSION=bk3 to EXTRAVERSION= will it help?
I am asking this, because I had experience this problem. Yesterday, I spend 2
hours working on it. I even installed the new 2.6.1-rc1 kernel, but the
problem with the modules was there.

Thank you,
Vasilis