On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:17:08 -0600
Lindsay Haisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'll definitely second this!  I spent about 8 hours yesterday trying
> to decipher the docs for .asoundrc.  Please, someone, write _rigorous_
> documentation, i.e. assume nothing, explain _all_ terms and make
> examples of each concept and construct explicit to that concept or
> construct, in the_simplest_ possible form.  Leave it to others to take
> these simple examples and combine them into more complex ones.

Yes, and i would suggest using the wiki for this. It is easy to make a
term a link by just putting "(())" around it. Then just explain the term
on the newly created page.. Later all this info can then be merged into
official docs..

The .asoundrc wiki page is probablty a good start..

Flo

--
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm
http://www.arted.biz/mista.tapas