Jason Clouse wrote:

Since I seem to have nominated myself to improve the documentation, it would be helpful if ALSA users would tell me about their unfulfilled dreams.

1. What does ALSA do that you wish it wouldn't?

Nothing

2. What does ALSA NOT do that you wish it would?

Let me capture sound with my ESS Maestro 2E

3. Have you been able to find solutions to those problems?

Nope

4. Were the solutions easy to find?
5. Did the solutions make sense?
6. Did the solutions work as expected?