Hallo,
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano hat gesagt: // Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > I just bought a little USB soundcard called Soundblaster MP3+ which seems
> > not to work with ALSA.
> > Everything's installed (snd-usb-audio is loaded) and works for the USB
> > Quattro f.e. but with the Soundblaster MP3+ it says
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# alsamixer
> >
> > alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea ???
>
> I think most (all?) usb soundcards don't have a mixer interface
> (including the Quattro). Have you tried playing sounds? Does it show up
> in /proc/asound?

Oh, but the SB mp3+ has one. It is among the test devices I have here,
where - to my surprise - a lot of have mixers.

But even if it hasn't:

What does "cat /proc/asound/cards" show, do you get any messages in
/var/log/messages when plugging in the device? It should work, I have
it working here both with 2.6.1 and with 2.4.22. But you might need to
upgrade you ALSA system: I use 1.0.1/1.0.2 here.

BTW: Fernando, it seems, as if we have to sell our Quattros soon. Read
this thread (bottom to top) for details:

ciao