Hallo,
Bill Unruh hat gesagt: // Bill Unruh wrote:

> (Of course maudio should be compliant, and of course pressure should
> be put on them, but they do not give a damn about Linux from what I
> have seen, so such pressure is not liable to be productive.)

I don't think, linux audio is in any position to put pressure on
anybody here, so this is just theoretical. Normally we tend to just
avoid those, whose devices we cannot use, and wait, until they come
asking to provide support. :)

The problem with the Quattro however is, that it *did* work once,
although it maybe shouldn't have done so. Because of this, now many of
us do own M-Audio USB devices, which are high quality and all around
fine. Except there is this thing with the numbers. As the M-Audio
support told me, the Quattro indeed uses a firmware, so it might be
possible to repair this. If and when this happens is another question,
for which we customers deserve an answer.

ciao