Sounds even better.

On Jun 3, 2009, at 4:13 AM, Sebastian Kiesel wrote:

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 09:39:55PM -0400, Eric Burger wrote:
Inline.

On Jun 2, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Linda Dunbar wrote:
Eric,

Thank you very much for the explanation. Since I haven't participated
in the ALTO discussion until recently, I am not aware that working
group has already reached consensus on the document. Seeing the
document is only at its Version 1, I thought the document is still at
its early stage and open for input.

More important: thanks for the review! The document went through quite a
few revisions at the draft-marocco stage.
I will take you suggestion on trying to draw a "better picture" and
submit to the working group for review.  If no better picture can be
agreed by the working group, I would like to take your offer on
putting the following words into the document:

Figure 1 is only representative of the situation and, in particular,
does NOT enumerate any particular or favored implementation strategy

Both (either a new figure or the disclaimer text) works for me. Any one
else in the group have thoughts?

I think the current figure is adequate (but looking forward to see a
proposal for a better one).

regarding the caption/disclaimer: I think that although there are lots
of approaches for dealing with the ALTO problem, the figure was not
chosen randomly and coincidences with actual protocol proposals are not
completely unintentional. maybe something like:

Figure 1 illustrates the situation and components for one of several
possible high-level solution approaches for dealing with the ALTO
problem, namely the one which the ALTO WG has agreed to work on and
which is reflected in the ALTO WG charter.

(hoping that the "illustrates" gives enough hints that this figure
is not normative and does not mandate that there must be a single
ALTO server implemented as a physical box, etc.)

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kiesel            mailto:sebastian.kie...@nw.neclab.eu
Network Research Division tel:+49-6221-4342-232 fax: +49-6221-4342-155 NEC Laboratories Europe Kurfuerstenanlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany