De: alto <alto-boun...@ietf.org> En nombre de Adrian Farrel
Enviado el: jueves, 2 de noviembre de 2023 21:43
Para: 'Jordi Ros Giralt' <j...@qti.qualcomm.com>; 'Linda Dunbar'
<linda.dun...@futurewei.com>; c...@ietf.org; alto@ietf.org
Asunto: Re: [alto] New draft on joint exposure of network and compute
information

So, my view is that CATS is specifically chartered to look at these metrics. I
think the metrics could equally be applied in ALTO (as I said at IETF-117 in
the ALTO WG meeting).
I had hoped that we might hold an interim to discuss metrics, but progress has
been slow.
That said, the CATS list has recently been discussing metrics a bit, and I hope
we can build on that.
I would like to hear lots of opinions. At the moment, I don't mind much whether
there is consensus or strong debate. I'd just like to hear many voices.
What are the factors:

  *   Simple?
  *   Generic?
  *   Variable or static?
  *   Actual compute load/capability versus anticipated delay for a "standard"
compute action?
  *   <your idea here>

Cheers,
Adrian