Bdale sells the appropriate SMA connector at https://shop.gag.com/parts/sma-connector-pcb-edge.html and that page also has part numbers for other vendors.

On 7/12/21 11:01 AM, AlbyVA wrote:

  I think I found the solution, so somebody can correct me if I'm mistaken.
It looks like I can use an edge-launch SMA connector which would be solder
such that the 4 prongs are anchored/solder to those 4 pads and the connector pole is soldered into the exact same place as the previous whip antenna. Then I can connect
an external antenna to the SMA connector.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.59.11 AM.png