On May 17, 2001, "John R. Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>          --listed-incremental /tmp/jrj/zli \

> This does what Amanda does for a full dump.

Just to make sure (and for the enlightenment of anyone else trying to
duplicate the problem): you have removed /tmp/jrj/zli before every tar
command, right?  'cause I can't seem to be able to duplicate this
problem on my machines.  Do you know which compiler was used to build
this version of GNU tar?

>   $ gtar tvf z.tar
>   drwxr-xr-x jrj/pucc         62 1999-06-08 13:53:30 ./
>   -rwxr-xr-x jrj/pucc      10412 1999-06-08 13:53:30 ./getMailHostName
>   gtar: Unexpected EOF in archive
>   gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Did you try to read this tar-file with some other tar program?  Hmm, I
guess this doesn't matter much; it's pretty obvious tar didn't write
everything out to the tarball, given how small it is.