On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 at 9:03am, Michael P. Blinn wrote

> > > when I run amcheck confname, in /tmp/amanda/ it creates an
> > > amcheck.{timestamp}.debug, however the contents of that are only three
> > > lines:
> > >
> > > amcheck: debug 1 pid 619 ruid 34 euid 0 start time Thu Oct 4 15:24 :37
> 2001
> > > amcheck: dgram_bind: sofket bound to 0.0.0.0.1008
> > > amcheck: pid 619 finish time Thu Oct 4 15:25:07 2001
> >
> > OK, it's not even trying to launch selfcheck.  Does
> > /usr/local/libexec/selfcheck exist?  What do your /etc/inetd.conf (or
> > /etc/xinetd.d/am*) entries look like?  How exactly did you ./configure
> > amanda on backup?
>
> selfcheck exists
>
> inetd.conf:
> amanda     dgram   udp wait backup /usr/local/libexec/amandad amandad
> amandaidx  stream  tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec/amindexd amindexd
> amidxtape  stream  tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped
> amidxtaped

And you've restarted inetd, right?  That's my main suspicion at this
point.

Do any other files get created in /tmp/amanda on backup when you try to
run amcheck?  There should be a amandad*debug and a selfcheck*debug, if
all is going well.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering