On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Steve Wray <steve.w...@cwa.co.nz> wrote:
> The problem I had before was, to reiterate:
>
> Disklist with two entries.
>
> One entry uses bsdtcp
>
> The other entry uses BSD.
>
> If the client of the disklist entry that is configured on the server to use
> bsdtcp is not configured to use bsdtcp on the CLIENT in /etc/inetd.conf then
> the client which is configured to use default authentication returns errors.

OK, this seems to be the simplest formation of this problem of errors
with bsdtcp bleeding over into other, non-bsdtcp hosts.  I tried to
replicate it as follows.

Disklist:

euclid /etc {
        sysconfig-part
        auth "bsdtcp"
}

knuth /etc {
        sysconfig-part
        auth "bsd"
}

This works fine when both hosts are properly configured:
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 1.130 seconds.  0 problems found.

If I restart euclid's inetd config to run it with the wrong -auth
parameter, then amcheck says:
WARNING: euclid: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 30.030 seconds.  1 problem found.

so it doesn't give me any problems with knuth.  If I stop xinetd on
euclid (functionally equivalent to configuring it for bsd auth, since
in bsd auth it would be listening on UDP port 10080, not TCP port
10080), the result is about the same:
WARNING: euclid: selfcheck request failed: Connection refused
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 10.047 seconds.  1 problem found.

Am I missing something in the replication recipe?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com