On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Jean-Louis Martineau
<martin...@zmanda.com> wrote:
> xinetd is still configured to accept a tcp connection, but amandad expect a
> udp packet, so amandad do nothing and the server fail while waiting for an
> ACK.

Right - it was the failure I expected to see, not Steve's bug.

> I'm not able to replicate Steve bug, many fix have been committed since
> 2.5.0p2.

Good point. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, we've fixed
something like 500 bugs in the 4 years since 2.5.0 was released.  Of
course, we *introduced* some of of those bugs in those 4 years, too :)

Steve: if you don't see something obvious that I missed in my
replication effort, can you give this a try with a 2.6.1p2 server?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com