Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Jean-Louis Martineau
<martin...@zmanda.com> wrote:
xinetd is still configured to accept a tcp connection, but amandad expect a
udp packet, so amandad do nothing and the server fail while waiting for an
ACK.

Right - it was the failure I expected to see, not Steve's bug.

I'm not able to replicate Steve bug, many fix have been committed since
2.5.0p2.

Good point. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, we've fixed
something like 500 bugs in the 4 years since 2.5.0 was released.  Of
course, we *introduced* some of of those bugs in those 4 years, too :)

Steve: if you don't see something obvious that I missed in my
replication effort, can you give this a try with a 2.6.1p2 server?

I'm not able to make this test yet, perhaps later in the week.

However, I've discovered that the amcheck problem may not actually reflect a genuine problem that affects backup.

The other day, the cronjob amcheck reported these errors -- so for one thing its clearly intermittent.

But the thing is that the backup job that ran that very night completed with no problems at all.

--
Please remember that an email is just like a postcard; it is not confidential nor private nor secure and can be read by many other people than the intended recipient. A postcard can be read by anyone at the mail sorting office and expecting what is written on it to be private and secret is not realistic. Please hold no higher expectation of email.

If you need to send confidential information in an email you need to use encryption. PGP is Pretty good for this.