<quote who="Dustin J. Mitchell">
> I bet most of you have some small nitpick with Amanda that you've
> never felt warranted an email.  Well, now's your chance!  I'd like to put
> some polish on Amanda, and it's hard for me to see the areas that need
> burnishing, since I work on Amanda all day, every day.
>
> - typo in a manpage?
> - command-line usage oddity?
> - confusing use of terminology?
> - something else?
>

> Start up a new thread on the mailing list, or email me privately if
> you'd prefer, to let me know what's bugging you.  Bonus points for also
> supplying a patch, but that's not at all required!
>
> Note that I do reserve the right to say, "actually, that's
> complicated" (and explain why).
>
> Dustin

Disk permissions and file permissions are always a nightmare. Some things
aren't right and amcheck complains about each one in turn. It would be
useful to have some kind of thorough "lint" mode, perhaps with a
--fix-permissions to repair the permissions (when run with root).

This one is for 2.6 series, I don't know if it's been addressed in a later
version.

--
Regards,
-Lisa