On Friday 18 July 2014 11:54:51 Jean-Louis Martineau did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 07/18/2014 11:43 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 18 July 2014 11:34:16 Olivier Nicole did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:
> >> Gene,

> >> netstat -na |grep 10080
> >>
> >> You should see an UDP open on that port, else it means xinetd is not
> >> running/not listening for amanda.
> >>
> >> Olivier
> >
> > gene@lathe:/etc/xinetd.d$ netstat -na |grep 10080
> > udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10080           0.0.0.0:*
> > udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10080           0.0.0.0:*
> >
> > IIRC thats good.
>
> It's not good, this is for bsd auth, you want to use bsdtcp.

I changed it according to Olivier, and now amcheck says connection reset
by peer, and errors back out quickly rather than waiting 10 seconds. Oh,
didn't notice the udp was a duplicate.  What effects that?

After the amanda file change, now the netstat -na |grep 10080:
gene@lathe:/etc/xinetd.d$ netstat -na |grep 10080
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10080           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10080           0.0.0.0:*

Which should look better. But it doesn't make amcheck happy:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: lathe: selfcheck request failed: recv error: Connection reset by
peer
Client check: 3 hosts checked in 2.498 seconds.  1 problem found.

Thanks Jean-Louis.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)