On Friday 18 July 2014 12:11:24 Debra S Baddorf did opine
And Gene did reply:
> > There is a /var/backups/.amandahosts file, its a link to
> > /etc/amandahosts BUT, in /etc/.amandahosts.  I'll mv it to
> > /etc/amandahosts. Ran amcheck, no change and that file was not
> > accessed.
>
> The actual file SHOULD have a dot at the beginning of the name.
>     .amandahosts
> I guess if the one amanda USES   (perhaps  /var/backups/.amandahosts
> but I’d bet on the other one)    starts with a dot,  then it doesn’t
> much matter what that link points to.
>      But on the whole,  the file IS supposed to start with a dot.
>
> Deb Baddorf
> Fermilab

I replaced the link with the real file as .amandahosts, but no change in
the amcheck report.

Connection reset by peer.

And I mv'd /etc/amandahosts as .amandahosts. again no change in the
amcheck report.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)