Am 08.11.18 um 22:55 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
Am 08.11.18 um 22:52 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

manpage says:

exclude [ list | file ][[optional][append][ string ]+]
Default: file. Exclude is the opposite of include and specifies files that will be excluded from the backup. The format of the exclude expressions depends on the application, and some applications do not support excluding files at all.

although I always skip that default "file" option (and recommend to test that)

another thought (maybe you mentioned it, it's late here and I haven't scanned the whole thread): do you use GNUTAR as dump program (parameter "program" in global dumptype or so)?

If you didn't specify the default is DUMP and not GNUTAR (and the include parameter might do completely other things)

Some more examples for you ;-)
these work for years afaik:

garten projekte_1 /home/Samba/Daten/Projekte {
comp-cl-highprio
include "./[a-gA-G]*"
}

garten projekte_2 /home/Samba/Daten/Projekte {
comp-cl-highprio
include "./[h-nH-N]*"
}

garten projekte_3 /home/Samba/Daten/Projekte {
comp-cl-highprio
include "./[o-pO-P]*"
}