On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 21:24:04 -0500, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> Dump program is GNUTAR. I can switch to amgtar.

Amgtar is more flexible to use (and easier to maintain, should
development on Amanda ever resume), so while you're rolling this out
it's probably worth switching.  (And it should let you work around this
permission problem, too.)

> root@fileserver:~# stat -c "%a %n" /netdrives
> 755 /netdrives
> root@fileserver:~# stat -c "%a %n" /netdrives/CAMPUS
> 2771 /netdrives/CAMPUS
>
> Which explains the problem if I understand correctly. 771 would
> prohibit the amanda user from reading everything below CAMPUS.

Right (assuming that the Amanda user is not in the group which owns the
CAMPUS directory).

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239