Yes, I agree.  At one point,  Chris was trying to speed this up by doing 21
runs in 10 minutes or so.
Perhaps he has stopped that,  and people are just continuing to quote that line
(above).   It’s that line that’s bothering me.

He did ask  "Can I specify "dumpcycle" as an elapsed count rather than an
elapsed time?”
Per the wiki help files,  dumpcycle seems to be explicitly in “days”  and
cannot be changed or sped up.
(  https://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Dumpcycle  )

Chris also asked  "Are "dumpcycle" and "runspercycle" conflicting with each
other?”
Even if you occasionally do extra amdump runs  (I do),  that doesn’t bother the
“runspercycle” count.  It still results in   “at least one level 0 within
dumpcycle days”.    Runspercycle just lets amanda gauge numbers for balance
adjusting, and maybe promoting a DLE to do an early level 0.
Doing 21 runs in NN minutes will use up all your vtapes,  but will not force
more than 1 level 0.

Maybe I’m being pedantic,  and he’s looking at other issues now.  If so,
nevermind me!
:)

Deb Baddorf