On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 12:09:50 -0800, Chris Miller wrote:

> There is a new question, however. AMANDA warned me as I approached the
> overwrite of slot0, which was the first backup, and consequently a
> level 0 dump. Apparently AMANDA thought it was my only level 0 dump.
>
> My config defines:
> dumpcycle 1week
> runspercycle 7
> tapecycle 21
>
> I thought I was requesting level 0 once every seven, but apparently not.

(What's the exact text of the warning in question?  Knowing that would
help give more precise explanations.)

Note that dumpcycle is specified in days, but if you are running
multiple runs per day then it would be possible to fill up 21 tapes in
less than 7 days, and Amanda might not have scheduled a second level 0
for some DLEs in that period of time.

The "amoverview" command can show you if in fact your tape <CONFIG>.0 is
the only one with a level 0 dump for some DLE(s).

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239