testacc wrote:

> What I can try is to change /usr/sbin/amavisd and change here the
> min_expansion_quota in direct values.

> But this shouldn't be a solution off course.

testacc, I have a question. Do you also have /usr/sbin/amavisd-new ?

If you installed amavisd-new from Debian, then amavisd-new will start
up automatically when the system starts. In a Debian system, If you
want to use Maia, you would copy the patched version of amavisd to
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new. In other words, you would replace
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new with the Maia version of amavisd. At this
point, you may be running two copies of amavisd.

Before you do anything, make sure you have not stopped amavisd,
then run 'ps aux | grep amavis' and let us know what it says.

What commands are you using when you stop and start amavisd-new?
Are you using?:
amavisd stop
amavisd start
or are you using?:
amavisd-new stop
amavisd-new start

At some point you may have missed two important concepts:
1) The Debian name for amavisd is amavisd-new.
2) Maia does not work *with* amavisd-new, it *replaces* it.