I am assuming based on my headers from received emails that
Amavisd-new is running however I don't have anything running that
Amavisd-new can use like Clamav. I am really trying to get Clamav
(clamd) to run on my Postfix email server / Debian 4.0 (Etch) and
can't find any guides that were written in the last 5 years. They all
appear very outdated and am looking for someone to help me get Clamav
working on my email server.

First is to make sure Amavisd-new is installed = check
Next is to make sure Amavisd-new is running = check
Make sure Postfix can use Amavisd-new = check (maybe)

        by email.example.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id A198A211C109
        for <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Sun, 17 Aug 2008 16:42:45 -0400 (EDT)

I see "amavisd-new, port 10024 in the headers so I can only then
assume Amavisd-new is working, right? Lets hope so and now I have
installed the latest version of Clamav on my Debian server and it is
running but I have no idea how to make this work with Postfix /
Amavisd-new. Does anyone have any suggestions and or assistance? I
checked the site and did a Google search and could not find anything
that was not extremely old and did not apply or did not apply to Exim4
MTA rather than Postfix MTA.

Thanks for any help.

--
Man your battle stations...