Carlos Williams schrieb am Dienstag, den 19. August 2008:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM, MrC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > GaryV's documents here are all very good and thorough:
> >
> > http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/
> >
> > MrC
>
> I found this link super helpful and thought I had this in the bag
> based on how straight forward the guide was however I had one problem.
>
> When I installed clamav using my package manager from Debian, I did
> not get clamav-daemon, just clamav-freshclam however it did auto
> install /etc/clamav/clamd.conf.
> I followed all steps and rebooted the server. I then checked running
> processes in a program called "htop" and I did not see "clamd" or
> "clamav" listed anywhere which I found strange however I do see amavis
> running. I then checked to see if clamd or clamav was running:
>
> email:~# /etc/init.d/clamav-daemon status
> clamd is running.
> email:~# /etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam status
> freshclam is running.
>
> It appears that the two daemons are running but I can't see them in
> "htop" for whatever reason. I then sent myself an email and checked
> the headers - I was looking for a section in the received headers
> labeled "X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at example.net" and I don't see
> that anywhere in my email headers now. How do I know if Amavisd-new
> and ClamAV are working? I see the daemons running for Amavisd-New but
> not Clamav even though it shows they're running.
Call clamdscan on the eicar file. Amavis uses the clamdsocket if available.

Also please take sure that you followed the documentation of amavisd-new:

        If you use clamav-daemon, make sure that it is configured to init
        supplementary groups when it drops priviledges, and that you add the
        clamav user to the amavis group: add AllowSupplementaryGroups to
        /etc/clamav/clamd.conf if it is not there yet, and run "adduser
        clamav amavis" as root.

(Taken from the amavisd-new README.Debian).

Also don't look at the headers. Use amavisd-new in debug mode or raise the
loglevel and look into your logs.

Alex
--
Alexander Wirt, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A