On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Gary V <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks MrC, but they would be a bit to go through.
> For a plain amavisd-new install on etch:

But I already have Amavid-new installed and what I believe to be
working on my Etch machine.

> add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main
>
> Then run:
> gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key BBE55AB3
> gpg --armor --export BBE55AB3 | apt-key add -
>
> run:
> apt-get update
> then:
> apt-get install clamav clamav-daemon clamav-freshclam

This is interesting to me because the current Etch repos have a slight
revision back of Clamav and it always complains when I run "freshclam"

mail:~# apt-cache policy clamav
clamav:
  Installed: 0.93.1.dfsg-1.1
  Candidate: 0.93.1.dfsg-1.1
  Version table:
 *** 0.93.1.dfsg-1.1 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.93~dfsg-1+lenny1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages

> edit /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-content_filter_mode
> and remove comments from the two appropriate lines:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] = (
> #   \%bypass_virus_checks, [EMAIL PROTECTED], \$bypass_virus_checks_re);

When I started to get my Amavisd-new config working, I only modified
/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user. I never edited "15-content_filler_mode"
before so I don't know if you're assuming I should already have
something in "15-content_filler_mode".

> Note that if you install spamassassin, it will get upgraded to
> whatever version is in volatile

I have no even started to play or install with Spamassassin yet. I
first wanted to get Clamav working and then move to that next. Baby
steps ;)