-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:56:14 -1000
> Von: Clifton Royston <clift...@lava.net>
> An: Ralf Heidenreich <r...@lx-work.de>
> CC: AMaViS-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [AMaViS-user] [Fwd: Re:  Amavis in pre-queue mode]

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 09:39:20AM +0100, Ralf Heidenreich wrote:
> >

> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > Betreff: Re: [AMaViS-user] Amavis in pre-queue mode
> > Datum: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:26:09 +0100
> > Von: Ralf Heidenreich <r...@lx-work.de>
> > An: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lu...@gmail.com>
> > Referenzen: <4947b648.8040...@lx-work.de>
> > <200812161258.54671.luis.daniel.lu...@gmail.com>
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > the law says:
> > if a mail is in the queue, you must deliver it.
> > Never mind if it is spam or not.
>
>   I'm no expert on German law, but I do know that there are other
> German system administrators who are not running amavisd in pre-queue
> mode, so I wonder if perhaps someone has given you an overzealous
> interpretation of the law.

I think that the original sender knows about the law. I am not a German but I
think that the German law says that you ARE ALLOWED to drop any message as long
as you don't have accepted the message. So having amavisd running in pre-queue
allows you to DROP the message and just send a normal SMTP error code. That is
allowed by law.

But you are NOT ALLOWED to accept the mail and then later doing some processing
where you ERASE/DROP/WHATEVER the mail. This is not allowed by law. So you
accept the mail -> you have to deliver the mail.

That's probably the reason he wants to run amavisd in pre-queue because this
would allow him to fight spam/malware and block spam/malware and drop
spam/malware without having to accept the mail.

>   amavisd can run in pre-queue mode but it is not a recommended
> configuration for performance reasons.
>
>   -- Clifton

// Steve

> --
>     Clifton Royston  --  clift...@iandicomputing.com / clift...@lava.net
>        President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/
>  Custom programming, network design, systems and network consulting
> services

Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a