What would you build/want as a 40 meter hi fi AM transceiver?
I want to limit the power to the 200 watt and under class, but
can put the high voltage power supply in a separate cabinet/rack, and
sit the transceiver on the operating desk, to save space and weight,
or, run one 4d32 at 100 watts with everything inside one box.
With a separate power supply, I could likely go to 200 watts
out of 2 4D32 tubes, or something different?

It can be simple, frequency select switch, rf gain, S meter, mic
gain, plate tune and load, rit,xit?, bass and treble audio EQ.
I will likely put many meters on it, for grid drive, plate voltage,
mod current, negative cycle loading , etc., can be a multi meter, or
separate meters (I like meters).

Or I could build a regular receiver with regular tuning, and leave the
trans xtal controlled, digital display receive frequency readout.

I can include 2 bandwidth choices, say 5.5 and 4 KHz on the receive filters.

What would YOU want in a 40 meter transceiver for AM?

Brett
N2DTS