Jim,
I have windows on the other equipment, the push pull parallel
100TH mod deck puts out a lot of glow and warmth!
The plates glow red with resting current, and get hotter
with modulation, a nice touch!

The 811A mod deck does not really put out much heat.

I like windows, but don't use them on transmitters, they get shielded,
although a microwave door glass setup could be nice.

The home brew transceiver will be receiver size, not big enough
for any windows....

Brett
N2DTS