I'm somewhat intrigued with converting a CB radio to 10 meters from the pure
technical perspective, but the typical 4 watts AM power leaves a LOT to be
desired. Am I missing something here?  I have a Radio Shack HTX-10 that does
7 watts AM but is more respectable on FM and SSB at 25 watts.

I have a Pace Sidetalk 1000B that I could use but it is a well featured
radio with built in SWR/power meter, clock/power off timer, noise blanking,
and of course SSB. The SSB is what would be attractive for conversion but I
hate to butcher a nice radio. On the other hand I have an old JC Penney 23
channel radio or a Realistic TRC-430 40 channel radio(not sure if this can
be done with a 1 crystal/PLL scheme) that I could use for AM and wouldn't
mind diddling with but again, to what end other than the fun of it which is
ok in itself I guess?

Tom K3TVC