Ronnie Hull wrote:

y'all got to remember that when ten is open, 5 watts can work the world.

About five years ago, or so, I worked a VK on 28.4 Mhz with a QRP rig running about 7W PEP, from my mobile (running a Larson NMO-34 with 60" whip). That little rig is a portable. handie-talkie-style rig, that runs AM, FM, and SSB, and nominally operates the entire 10M band. It tunes similarly to a 2510. There is a mod to put it on CB (actually 26 - 30 Mhz), but who cares about that. It cost me $149.95 (US) and was a bargain.