Under Rules, it says: This is radio site dedicated to AM. The reason most
come here is to meet and exchange information about our mode and hobby."
Obviously, their is no requirement to have a amateur license since many
short wave listeners and general radio/electronic experimenters are also
interested in AM and in some of our technical discussions. The technical
discussion threads can vary all over the place.

Although I can't place the person you referred to below, it could be he's
been a long time friend to many who responded to his posts. Could be any
number of reasons.

Pete, wa2cwa