Ted,
It sounds like you are hearing a "reflection" of your signal, not the downlink
from FO-29.  This is a common malady associated with 3rd harmonic interference
on mode J (V/U) satellites.  Try this on a pass that will reach at least 30
degrees above the horizon:
1.  Turn HRD control of your TS2K off
2.  Set your uplink at 145.950 CW
3.  At AOS you should hear the beacon about 8-10 kHz above the beacon freq of
435.895 (about 435.904 MHz)
4.  Tune your receiver to 435.850 plus that same delta from beacon (about
435.859 USB).  You should be able to tune your receive and hear your CW dits
(clearly).
5.  Zero beat the CW dits on the low side, switch to LSB and you should be
exactly on frequency and can turn on TRACE and go anywhere in the passband.

If you have auto-Doppler turned on in HRD, your program should do the same
thing as this manual procedure.

You should be able to hear yourself.   If not, Google the diplexer fix for the
harmonic problem.

>From the center of the passbands, whatever the UHF Doppler shift is, the VHF
>Doppler will be approximately 1/3 in the opposite direction.  This is a
>helpful rule for finding your downlink manually.

73,
Jerry, K5OE