From: Trevor . [mailto:m5...@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:48 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org; Kevin Muenzler
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: AO40 replacement !!!

--- On Wed, 5/9/12, Kevin Muenzler <ke...@eaglecreekobservatory.org> wrote:
> It would be difficult to get some sort of rocket aboard the ISS now
> that the space shuttle missions are finished

I doubt it was ever feasible, if I understand it correctly there are even
issues with shipping rechargable batteries up there let alone a rocket.

Also with regards to ISS bear in mind buying astronauts time to do anything
would cost a fortune. They are employed by their respective organizations to
work up there.

Getting CubeSat's to MEO or HEO will depend on developing propulsion, fold-out
solar panels, and even CubeSat directional antennas - I wonder could a 2m 2 ele
Yagi be incorporated into a 3U CubeSat ?

73 Trevor M5AKA