How would it be assembled on ISS?   You would have to build it on the
ground, document every step, take it apart and rebuild it to be sure the
assembly documentation is correct and then ship it up bit by bit. Meanwhile
each crew trains quite awhile on their respective increments aboard before
they launch. So, you would have to hope you train the right crew to
assemble it which means your upmass bits and pieces would have to make
every launch they are scheduled for. Being a ham radio satellite what do
you think the priority is should something more pressing come along? There
goes your trained crew, remember the broken antenna on ARISSat-1?  The crew
that deployed it was not the crew that had been trained on the ground for
that deployment. Assembly of anything even remotely close to AO-40 aboard
ISS is unrealistic. The best chance of getting a so called replacement for
AO40 is to find a way to complete and launch P3D which is sitting on the
ground in Germany. Maybe they'd like to disassemble it, document it and
work shipping it to ISS via ESA?

John - AG9D