On 05/09/12 16:48, Trevor . wrote:

Getting CubeSat's to MEO or HEO will depend on developing propulsion,
fold-out solar panels, and even CubeSat directional antennas - I
wonder could a 2m 2 ele Yagi be incorporated into a 3U CubeSat ?

As a first-order approximation, my HB9CV is just about 260mm between elements, or a little shorter than a 3U cubesat. So it seems to me that you could make a two-element "tape measure" beam with the elements wrapped around the can at opposite ends and ensure it always points driven end downwards. The rest is just standard pyro to unwrap the aerial elements.

--
Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ