Hi Domenico, et all,

OSCAR-10 (P3-B) used the same 400N engine as OSCAR-13 (P3-C) and
OSCAR-40 (P3-D).
For P3-E we have a 200N motor from EADS Astrium, the same one which is
used on the European ATV...

I was AMSAT P3-A (planned to be OSCAR-9) which used a solid propellant
apogee kick-motor.
It's under the water near the cost of french Guiana..  RIP

You can find an very good article here:
http://www.ka9q.net/AMSAT-Tech-Journal-2.pdf
See page 8..15

Rest assured, the PFA and propulsion system was qualified according to
highest commercial standards by commercial companies. Thus in no way
there would be any risk to the launcher or other payloads. This also
includes several levels of safety borders in the hardware design and in
the software.   The launch agencies have there own specialized personal
to review all the details...    Without that, nobody would have launched
any of the P3 satellites !!!
What happened to AO-40 later on after orbit injection and after
activating the systems is a completely different matter and did not
present any risk to the launcher at any time!

73s Peter DB2OS