That's a very high percentage compared to mine, obviously.  But I
since cannot see your apps here in Singapore, I can't even say what
they do, so what I will say may or may not apply to you: for simpler
apps, a high rating probably ensures that you will keep the app
(favorite comment "It does what it says").  For an app like mine (a
personal finance app) or games, in particular, there is really no way
to know if it will suit your needs until you try it.  Bottom line is
that I am actually very satisfied that 40% of the people kept it
installed and rated it 4.31, as shown on AppBrain today.

What I am trying to say is that I really hope Google doesn't put too
much weight on install percentage, as that would vary greatly across
different types of apps.