Have you considered looking at other options to the App Inventor such
as our commercially proven MobiForms Developer - particularly for
database orientated apps?

At MobiForms we released the world's first rapid application
development tool for Google Android smartphones nearly a year ago now.
MobiForms is designed for novice and expert programmers alike.
Additionally, apps developed for Android will also run on a range of
other devices such as Windows Mobile without any additional work.
This will never be possible with the Google App Inventor.

We have just released our MobiForms Advanced Edition with Google
Android support. This enables the creation of true offline store and
forward apps with offline buffering and online synchronisation. This
caters for situations in the real world where comms may be
interrupted, but with this solution no data is lost. Ideal for
creating business apps for field service, surveys, risk assessments
etc.

MobiForms offers one compact, easy, development and deployment
solution.  MobiForms totally replaces the need to learn Eclipse, the
Android SDK, Java or XML.  For more information have a look at our web
site: http://www.mobiforms.com