It is entirely possible that I am doing something confused (not being
that much of an OGL person), but even then, I would expect to see the
same results on the emulator and the G1. In answer to another
question, the demos work fine on the emulator.

Is it possible that disappearing lines are caused by the emulator
pixels not matching exactly the Windows pixels to which they are
ultimately rendered?

The varying width lines didn't appear until I used extremely large
(but within the FP range) coordinates on a few lines.

I'll post the code when I get home and have access to it.