On Aug 3, 4:33 pm, Indicator Veritatis <mej1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> But I am surprised no one has mentioned: your settings for glOrtho's
> near_val and far_val are odd, to say the least. The default is exactly
> the other way around with near_val=-1.0 and far_val=+1.0. Your values
> put the near plane behind the viewer, but the far plane in front. Is
> this really what you want?

Thanks for pointing this out. I have reversed them (no effect) as a
result of your suggestion.

I threw them in at the last moment, well into this thread. Originally
they were at 0,0 (I'd drawing in 2D), but when I turned on debugging,
it showed me this was causing a divide by zero (duh - if I'd looked at
the resulting transform matrix I'd have seen that). So I just added
the values, and got them backwards.