For someone like me just starting on chapter 3 of a "Learn Android" book
this has been a very educational, enlightening... and frightening thread :(

The reason I came into Android is because I have a background in Java and
didn't want to get stuck with Apple's iron first crap (CrApple)
Looks like there is plenty of other kind of crap here :(