We have had the same issue with several devices. In our case were noticed
that some phones do not properly report their resolutions etc.
Until now we have stridently avoided doing specific device detection in our
apps, but it has now become necessary to do so.

We have been thinking of publishing an open source library to handle these
cases so we can keep the code separate from the application code and can do
detection/reporting if and when a manufacturer fixes their system.

We're thinking that we'll get a better library and cover more devices is we
share the library with all of you, which serves all our interests.

Is anyone else interested in participating in a library like this?

- Brill Pappin