This is sort of a Dev community FYI based on the post I made here on
reddit: http://redd.it/i0slo

Essentially when most Tegra 2 based tablets, like the Xoom or Samsung Galaxy
Tab 10.1 are put in any mode other than standard rotation then fps chokes.

The Android issue is
here<http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=15958>
.
To see romainguy talking about the issue watch this for about 60
seconds<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTx-5CGDvM8#t=52m35s>
.

Now if you want to actually avoid this issue completely then my only
solution is to lock the screen orientation into standard
landscape<http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/activity-element.html#screen>for
 your games.

If anybody knows more about this issue like:

   - If the problem is truly due to Android or Nvidia (or both)?
   - If it is due to Android, where the code is in the source that causes
      the problem.
   - Where we can read more on the problem? (Or even better fixes)
   - When we can expect a fix?

Then I would be really interested in reading it. I hope this helps some
developers and keeps some games running faster until this problem is fixed,
Robert