You are right in that I would have locked them into the slow case, but I
guess I just find it odd that there is a slow case at all when it comes to
orientation. So yes, I will re-consider not locking the orientation based on
your advice. However, what would you suggest if you game should have its
orientation locked? Let the user lock it themselves in the settings menu? Or
maybe making an ingame setting that lets them lock the orientation in-game
at runtime?

As for fragmentation, I did not think that I was complaining about
fragmentation but I see the point you were making there too.

Also, I was not trying to say that you lied at all, nothing could be further
from the truth, I was just letting you know what it looked like from an
outside perspective.

Finally, I am not saying that 30fps is bad, for pretty much every game it is
a good framerate. However, it is noticeable for a user when they jump from
60fps to 30fps and that was what I was trying to avoid. (And I'm not even
going to get started talking about the iPad's flaws; needless to say (but
I'll say it anyway) I am developing for Android because I am a fan of
Android)

Said with good intent towards productive discussion,
Robert