On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, one final question:  where do users go NOW to see ALL (not just the
> "Top" of the latest---and maybe/maybe not the greatest) new apps on the
> market?  Hmmm?  Where?  What are the search keywords for that?  (And yes,
> I am expecting an actual answer to that.)

Nowhere. You act as though it should matter to anyone.

To wit: where do users go NOW to see ALL (not just the "Top" of the
latest---and maybe/maybe not the greatest) new Web sites?

The answer is: nowhere. And that doesn't matter to anyone anymore.
Yes, there was some wailing and gnashing of teeth when
akebono.stanford.edu (the precursor to Yahoo) got rid of their
new-sites page. Somehow, the Internet got over it.

More importantly, creators of Web sites got over it. Some settle for
search results driving traffic (and some whine as a result). Some
aren't concerned about traffic, as the site is not what they're trying
to sell but is more for information for prospective off-Web customers
(think dry cleaners and Quik-E-Marts). The rest use any hundreds,
perhaps thousands, of small promotional means to ensure that their
target audience knows about their Web site. App developers who
actively wish to try to succeed need to follow that third group.
Expecting the Android Market to solve all download problems is akin to
expecting search engines to drive all your traffic.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 2.4
Available!