Not every system-level issue can be caught with app-side logging.

Consider this one as an example:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=42107

This one is not a freeze or a device reboot, but still --

-- there is no unhandled exception in the application (which could be
trapped and logged), only some stuff in the system log, which, as we
all know, is more difficult to access in 4.2. It won't show in the
developer console's bug reports either. The process just quits.

And then, a device freeze or a reboot can leave file-based logs
without most recent data, because disk write ops won't be committed,
and memory based logs obviously won't persist after a reboot.

All in all, dealing with OS level bugs (and I consider every device
freeze or reboot an OS level bug, no matter what the app is doing) is
really hard...

-- K