On Feb 28, 11:15 am, Inderjeet Singh <inder...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One good model is value-based pricing (there are many books on the topic):
> price it based on what value you think a user will get from it. Some users
> will get high value, and some will get fairly low value. You have to look at
> the demand curve and figure out which customers to leave out and still make
> good returns. If you sell something for $1 then you have to get many more
> customers to break even: so may be worth pricing higher and leave out
> customers.

You describe volume licensing. That's used in the sale and procurement
of multi million dollar systems. I'm not sure if that can be applied
to apps that are bought like a pop (or soda, if you will). If
explainin' is needed why the next guy only pays half you've already
lost. Then it's like the airlines that piss everybody off with a
transparent-only-to-them fare system.