I think what Inderjeet meant is that non technical users don't make a
conscious choice to use linux. For example, they won't install linux
on their desktop PC. The G1 uses a linux kernel and that's about it.
Saying that G1 users are linux users is about as useful as saying that
people who have Tivo are linux users, or that people who own a Mac are
"BSD users".