I'm a developer but I would fall under the unix/linux sysadmin
category in terms of paying for apps myself.  There are a lot of
simple apps, like the Temperature Conversion App for $0.99, that
really should not be charged for and in those cases I am going to look
for a free version or make the app myself if I really need it.  Now if
it is a really killer app, that has a good design and is well
developed, then I may just purchase it.  An example of what I would
consider polished and worth the money is SpaceTime 3.0. http://www.spacetime.us/

If I do decide to by an app, which has not happened yet, price is
going to be a HUGE factor.  I can see paying $1.00 or $2.00 for an
app, but as the price gets into the $5.00 range and greater, I simply
pass it on by.  I understand that with the 30% plus taxes are things
to consider when pricing an app and if there were a lot more users of
the phone, we may see more purchases coming in.  BTW, does anyone have
any numbers regarding the # of G1 phones that are out there?  I'm
curious how many potential customers there are.

I'm personally looking forward to the time when more Android powered
devices are out there.  Perhaps at that point there will be a decent
size user base to sell our apps to.

Anyhow, I look forward to hear what others have to say regarding this
matter as it seems very important to us developers.

P.S. Any developers around that have an app on the market for $1.00 or
$0.99, and if so, how have your sales been (if you don't mind telling
us).

Regards,
~clark