Here's a progress report: 57% of the poll respondents said lower the
price so I cut it temporarily from $2.99 to $0.99 (1/3rd the
original). In the short time since then, sales increased (2x), but not
enough to make up for the price difference. See
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=824
.

In economics class we had these nice graphs that would tell us the
perfect price to maximize profit. Here it's more trial and error, with
long delays before seeing results, and there are a lot more variables
than just price.