This is a good analysis of which phones to consider for development.

I also am ready to purchase a phone for testing of real-world apps
(i.e. not for educational purposes). I have been advised by a couple
of people to consider purchasing the ADP1 from Google.

What are your views on using the ADP1 which is, moreover, an unlocked
phone.

Thanks